6/9/14

Full Bathroom Reno Day 15: How to Tile Back Wall in Shower with Stacked Stone


As you know, the main tiling is complete in the bathroom, but there were a couple notes that I'd left out before that I'd like to mention. I talked about how you start in the middle and work your way out with the tile, making sure it is level all the time.
 

I didn't mention though, that when you start each wall on the bottom, you may need to use spacers. Most walls and floors are not perfectly level or even, so spacers remedy that. Using the level, you can see which side or tile needs to go up or down to create a level line. Also, you need to get eye level with the level (how many times can you say level in a sentence?) to fully see it accurately. Then, in any areas that need to go up, simply place spacers under those areas. We used the same ones that we used when laying our laminate floors.



The back wall was the most exciting for me during the tiling process, because it was when I got my first glimpse of a whole picture. I knew in my head and my heart that it would always come together, but sometimes, when you want something, it seems to take even longer to get there. Do you know what I mean? Anyway, we did 2 or 3 more rows of tile this night (not pictured), and called it quits for the evening.


It's all coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love receiving notes!